RESOURCES TERMS & CONDITIONS
We, at Governance Matters, have spent a lot of time, energy and money in developing the knowledge which is captured in the content of our Resources. We know that you will respect this by agreeing to our terms and conditions. These are set out below for each resource:
- Board Minded Subscription Service
- Good Governance Policies
For Board Minded Subscription Service
When you, as an entity or individual, subscribe we permit you to access the on-line topics of your choice each year assuming you say:
- 1. You will only use the topics for your development or the development of your entity’s board, managers and staff.
- 2. You will only use the supporting materials (power point, handout or checklist) yourself, or for your entity’s board, managers and staff.
- 3. You will not provide your subscription membership access details to anyone else other than, if you are an entity, your entity’s board, managers and staff.
- 4. You understand the information in the topics is designed to increase knowledge generally and is not specific advice. If you or your entity has a particular issue you should always seek advice from those qualified to help you.
- 5. If you are an entity, you will make sure that others in your entity understand these conditions.
- 6. Governance Matters is the owner of the accreditation symbols:
Your organisation may use the symbol applicable to its level of subscription and the accompanying words, “Our board is committed to ongoing governance development”
- it is a current, paid-up subscriber to the Governance Matters’ Board Minded service and
- it complies with these Terms and Conditions and
- your Chair has signed the BMGM Charter and returned a signed copy to Governance Matters
- 7. Your organisation may use the relevant symbol and the accompanying words:
- 1. On its website
- 2. On its internal documentation
- 3. On its external documentation
- 8. Governance Matters may require you at any time to desist from using the symbol and the accompanying words if you do not comply with these terms and conditions
We promise that if, at any time, you are dissatisfied with the subscription service we will refund your annual fee in full.
Board Minded Subscription Charter
As Chair, I personally undertake to ensure the Board and individual directors will view and discuss the implications of the BMGM topics which the organisation has subscribed to in the current year. This may occur as part of a scheduled time in the Board’s calendar each year for topics relevant to the Board as a whole. Where a topic is relevant to some board members only (e.g. induction topics; finance for non-financial board members), I take responsibility for the viewing of the topics by the relevant individual board members.
Governance Matters will send you the jpeg file for the accreditation symbol when we receive this signed Charter.
Chair Name: ______________________________________________
For the period: ______________to ______________________________
For Good Governance Policies
When you purchase a policy we license the use of it to your entity assuming you say:
- 1. You will only edit it to make it exactly right for your entity.
- 2. You will retain “original © Governance Matters” at the bottom of each page.
- 3. You will only use the policy/ies for your entity’s board governance.
- 4. You won’t provide copies of a policy to anyone other than your entity’s board, managers and staff.
- 5. You will make sure that others in your entity understand this information.
- 6. You will seek legal advice, if necessary, to make sure the final version of your policies complies with any law impacting your entity.
We promise that if, at any time, you are dissatisfied with the good governance policies we will refund the amount you paid in full.