Preview of Understanding Financial Statements – Part 2 – Cash Flow Statements Topic
I’m sure you have heard the quote ”cash is king”! Do you understand why this is so?
Understanding Financial Statements (Part II – Cash Flow Statement) looks at one critical component of the financial statements – cash flow. It highlights,
- why it’s imperative to monitor cash flow statements
- what the cash flow statement can tell you about the income statement
- how the cash flow statement can help validate the other financial statements
- how to recognise financial alarm bells
You will also get:
- a copy of hypothetical financial statements so you can follow the numbers and the logic while you view the program
It’s a perfect topic for:
- induction of new board members
- stimulating a board discussion about the financial information it receives
What our subscribers say
“The finance topics are pitched at exactly the right level for Board Members who want to understand financial statements.” John Munchenberg, Chair, Balcos Pty Ltd.
About the Presenter – Ben Miels
It’s fair to say Ben Miels is something of a sports tragic. His resume is sprinkled with board positions at organisations such as Greyhound Racing SA and the SA Motorsport Advisory Board, but away from the tracks and playing fields, this dynamic and multi-awarded chartered accountant and managing partner at professional services firm Edwards Marshall is an eminent authority on business disciplines ranging from taxation to risk management and has consulted to a wide array of industries.
Charity: $5 is set aside for The Australian Childhood Foundation each time a subscriber selects this topic.